- sister: What kind of chicken strips are these?
- nephew: Crispy. Chicken. Strips.
- mom: They're smaller than usual.
- sister: Mhm.
- me: *gunshot*
Here’s a typical thing that happens to Jen Kirkman on twitter:
- She lists things she will block
- A guy immediately tweets her one of the things she said she would block
- He gets blocked
- He is in shock
- He is indignant
- He was a fan but not anymore, not after she blocked him for tweeting her a thing she JUST SAID SHE WOULD BLOCK PEOPLE FOR TWEETING TO HER
Thank you #fuckyeahjenkirkman for making this. Since I blocked him I didn’t see this. But the world should!
"Honestly, I believe I deserve a cookie for having the basic understanding that women are humans and are capable of having character traits like ‘a sense of humor’."
Fuck you, guy who Jen Kirkman blocked. You don’t get to put yourself on a pedestal for doing a not terrible but also not noble thing. You also don’t get to excuse the fact that you sexually harassed her. And really, on a basic level, there is no grand rule that for you to be a fan of someone’s work they have to personally like you and reward you as a human being. You are not owed that.
Jen Kirkman is my hero for her twitter feed alone and looking at the shit she gets infuriates me. God. If I ever ask for applause for doing something as basic as saying “women can be funny” you should beat me up. You should probably beat me up anyways because this looks like I’m asking for applause for not asking for applause for that.
Fuck it, just applaud Jen.
"When men imagine a female uprising, they imagine a world in which women rule men as men have ruled women. Most men can’t really imagine equality. All they can imagine is having the existing power structure inverted."
― Sally Kempton
So I’m in Kentucky. Suddenly I remember why I wanted to leave. I look out the front door of my mom’s house and think, “I’d rather not deal with it!” This definitely gives me a new appreciation for being out of here.
Walked six miles with Bruce the Dog yesterday, though. That was cool. Nice scenic route around the power plant and some weird meth-addled neighborhood.
It’s been positive, though. I mean, I’m eating for free and hangin’ with my people.
The Day My Fiancee’s Car Keys, Apartment Keys, and Store Keys Magically Flew Out of My Coat Pocket and Into the Ocean
by me, the worst human alive
Don't ever hesitate. Reblog this. TUMBLR RULE. When you see it, REBLOG IT.
- The original post only has US helplines. I've added UK helplines underneath. It would be great if people could add numbers from everywhere in the world.
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
- Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
- LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255
- Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
- Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
- Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
- Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
- Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
- Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
- Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
- Child Abuse: 1-800-422-4453
- UK Helplines:
- Samaritans (for any problem): 08457909090 e-mail email@example.com
- Childline (for anyone under 18 with any problem): 08001111
- Mind infoline (mental health information): 0300 123 3393 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mind legal advice (for people who need mental-health related legal advice): 0300 466 6463 email@example.com
- b-eat eating disorder support: 0845 634 14 14 (only open Mon-Fri 10.30am-8.30pm and Saturday 1pm-4.30pm) e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- b-eat youthline (for under 25's with eating disorders): 08456347650 (open Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 8.30pm, Saturday 1pm-4.30pm)
- Cruse Bereavement Care: 08444779400 e-mail: email@example.com
- Frank (information and advice on drugs): 0800776600
- Drinkline: 0800 9178282
- Rape Crisis England & Wales: 0808 802 9999 1(open 2 - 2.30pm 7 - 9.30pm) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rape Crisis Scotland: 08088 01 03 02 every day, 6pm to midnight
- India Self Harm Hotline: 00 08001006614
- India Suicide Helpline: 022-27546669
- Kids Help Phone (Canada): 1-800-668-6868, Free and available 24/7
- suicide hotlines;
- Argentina: 54-0223-493-0430
- Australia: 13-11-14
- Austria: 01-713-3374
- Barbados: 429-9999
- Belgium: 106
- Botswana: 391-1270
- Brazil: 21-233-9191
- China: 852-2382-0000
- (Hong Kong: 2389-2222)
- Costa Rica: 606-253-5439
- Croatia: 01-4833-888
- Cyprus: 357-77-77-72-67
- Czech Republic: 222-580-697, 476-701-908
- Denmark: 70-201-201
- Egypt: 762-1602
- Estonia: 6-558-088
- Finland: 040-5032199
- France: 01-45-39-4000
- Germany: 0800-181-0721
- Greece: 1018
- Guatemala: 502-234-1239
- Holland: 0900-0767
- Honduras: 504-237-3623
- Hungary: 06-80-820-111
- Iceland: 44-0-8457-90-90-90
- Israel: 09-8892333
- Italy: 06-705-4444
- Japan: 3-5286-9090
- Latvia: 6722-2922, 2772-2292
- Malaysia: 03-756-8144
- (Singapore: 1-800-221-4444)
- Mexico: 525-510-2550
- Netherlands: 0900-0767
- New Zealand: 4-473-9739
- New Guinea: 675-326-0011
- Nicaragua: 505-268-6171
- Norway: 47-815-33-300
- Philippines: 02-896-9191
- Poland: 52-70-000
- Portugal: 239-72-10-10
- Russia: 8-20-222-82-10
- Spain: 91-459-00-50
- South Africa: 0861-322-322
- South Korea: 2-715-8600
- Sweden: 031-711-2400
- Switzerland: 143
- Taiwan: 0800-788-995
- Thailand: 02-249-9977
- Trinidad and Tobago: 868-645-2800
- Ukraine: 0487-327715
Solidarity, on a global scale.
On The Bright Side... | FOFOP 154 with Eddie Pepitone
- Wil: Nothing means anything. None of it makes sense. None of it is fair. Even the things that we think are fair, aren't fair. Like, everything is unfair. It's all stacked against you. You're probably never going to get ahead, and then even if you are a nice person, bad things still fucking happen to you. Nice people die from bad shit all the time, and terrible people get ahead all the fucking time. Life is not fair, and it's never going to get fixed in our lifetime.
- Eddie: This talk finally makes me understand why I love sports...
I am so glad Jon Stewart is on tv.
got engaged today, awh shit